Motorcyclist Hospitalized After His Pants Catch Fire on Interstate

SUMMIT, Iron County –A motorcyclist was injured on Interstate 15 Friday morning when his pants leg caught on fire while he was riding.

After the emergency dispatchers were notified about the incident, patrol troopers and ambulance arrived at the scene to find an injured man lying on the road with his motorcycle tipped over on its side next to him.

The rider, who appeared to be a man in his 30s, complained of burns and numbness in his legs.

The accident was not a crash. UHP Sgt. Ryan Bauer told the Cedar City News that the rider’s pants caught on fire from the exhaust.

You can see a photo from the scene on HERE.

After receiving immediate medical care, the rider was transported by air to Dixie Regional Medical Center for further treatment.


Source: Cedar City News

Photo by Loco Steve